It’s going to be a relatively short one today.
The reasons for this are twofold.
Firstly, I’m a little under the weather, having endured a restless night due to a badly upset tum-tum. Secondly, there’s not actually a whole lot to report on right now. Something I actually class as a good thing.
Interesting!
You see, as anyone who has the dubious pleasure of reading these poor offerings will already know, things in the Seated Perspective household have been a touch too interesting of late.
True, the two-week holiday to Turkey was sublime but, following the overnight escapades involving my mother-in-law Gwen (if you’re unfamiliar, read here) and the associated upset and stress we returned to pretty much more of the same.
Gwen is frail, but stubbornly is still with us. Still, a watchful eye still needs to be cast in that direction and there’s still that sense of waiting for something unpleasant to happen. It’s almost like a firework that’s seemingly fizzled out but which you really, really shouldn’t go back to.
Add to that my own unwellness on getting back to Blighty, my sister-in-law’s car crash with its associated travel and worry, and the effect that this has had on Tina’s own health, both physical and mental (although the brain is part of the body so, really, what’s the diff?) and you have a lot going on.
Spooky Season
Which makes the current calm kind of spooky. I feel like I’m almost waiting for the next unnatural disaster to rear its head, but, thus far, there’s been nothing and long may that continue.
Because both Tina and I need a break. Not necessarily of the holiday type (although if you offered me two tickets to Turkey, I’d already be packing) but more of the quiet, stay home, don’t-get-too-nervous-about-phone-calls kind. We need clear sailing, an empty calendar, and a whole lot of not a lot. We need to decompress and destress.
So, hopefully, next week will be another boring blog. We’ve had quite enough of the interesting, at least for now.
Until next time!
#
Hey, there! If you enjoyed reading any of the above, why not take a look at some of my published work? Below you’ll find links to a number of short stories I’m lucky enough to have included in anthologies. I’d love to know what you think. My debut novel, The Heart That Died, is available now as both paperback, E-book, and on Kindle Unlimited, so I’m adding the link to that, too.
Oh, and if you like what you look-see, a nice, positive review would also be most welcome.
The Heart That Died
New Tales Of Old
Death Ship
Pestilence: Drabbles 1
Reaperman: Drabbles 3
The Musketeers Vs Cthulhu
Eldritch Investigations


No comments:
Post a Comment