Wednesday 21 December 2022

Christmas Wishes

Hello, dear reader!

Miss me?

I’m going to assume the answer to that question is firmly in the affirmative because, well, I have an easily bruised ego.

The reason for last week’s missing post, was an outbreak of the lurgy. A nasty little bug hit both myself and the perpetually perfect Mrs Rankin (Tina, in other words) like a sack of bricks. I don’t know what it was, but it wasn’t nice.

But anyway, that was then, and this is now, so what say we get started, yeah.

Making A List
Some weeks, I have to do a fair amount of soul-searching to come up with something worth writing about. I guess, when it comes to it, my life isn’t always that exciting (I’m not complaining!). This week, however, you could probably have a fair stab at the subject matter from a country mile away.



Yes, Christmas is coming. In fact, it’s just pulled up outside the house with a boot full of cheer, tinsel, Gonks, and a thousand-and-one things to do. We’re still four days away, but the list of…stuff, is getting longer, and that’s without checking it twice.

So, it’s lucky I’m relatively organised this year.

Wrap Party
That noise you hear is probably one or more of my relations and/or friends falling off their chairs in shock, or possibly laughter, because organisation is not a skill I could possibly claim to have without submitting myself to a massive amount of ridicule.

This year, however, with the aforementioned four days to spare, all, and I do mean all, my gifts are bought. True, they’re not all wrapped yet, apart from Tina’s which I successfully outsourced (thank’s Jen!), and the ones already handed out to my side of the family at the PreParentsGoingOnHolidayOverChristmas meal held a couple of weeks back. But as that leaves just one for me to handle personally, I’m going to be a brave soldier and risk sellotaping my fingers to my elbow (again).



As for the rest, well, Xmas lunch is going to be courtesy of the aforementioned Jen (my lovely sister-in-law), so there’s very little to do there. There’s no timings to worry about, no places to set, no pudding to ponder. True, there is a trip to the local butcher to buy some of the meat (it’s a joint affair - pun intended), but that’s a last minute job I can safely call done, because we know the butcher, and we know the availability.

Attitude Of Gratitude
All in all it’s looking (touch wood) like this Xmas will be a pretty laid back affair for yours truly. There’ll be a bit of driving to do to transport guests back and forth over Christmas day and Boxing day, but that should be about it. The rest is done or being done by someone else, leaving me to drift happily into the traditional Xmas food and drink coma.

So, as this is the last time I’ll be putting these thoughtless thoughts down this side of silly season, let me take the chance to wish you, my dearest readers, a very merry Christmas. I know you are relatively few in number (told you, I’m just not that interesting), but I value the feeling that at least someone is taking the time to wade through these meandering missives, and as I don’t say it enough, thank you for doing so.


 
In return, I wish every single one of you (or should that be both of you) the very best for the season, whatever it may mean to you. I hope Santa brings you all you could hope for, and you get to spend the day with family, friends and enough food and drink to sink a small warship.

Until then.

***

Hey, folks! If you would care to take a look at some of my more creative writing, then the links below will transport you to the magical worlds of a few anthologies my short (and in two cases, very short) stories have been included in. Feel free to check ’em out!

New Tales Of Old: Volume 2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09TMVTX9H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Death Ship

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/9198684140/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TWEMTA3KWK7T89QEZPF6?fbclid=IwAR322Fx5nfgVUQAA62ZZ6CUsNnBm8pbSxPanzz6Qkjg3vAv4ESipq7iKKhs

https://www.waterstones.com/book/death-ship/david-green/s-o-green/9789198684148?fbclid=IwAR2gP4CXHSG7wTccO39wOqXFtI81k0259Ep8DUM48Ki6kTUdlKoF3yafojA

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9198684140/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2XZ7JICGUQ1CX&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR2Wa6sGxb82_VCsC7l1CGXwHjsSwTheqba6jDX_G8EDsywZoGpC93nXr2w

Reaperman

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaperman-Drabbles-3-Legends-Night-ebook/dp/B099NNPTQ1A

Pestilence

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pestilence-Revelations-Black-Ink-Fiction/dp/B09MDLZGHY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VP38WZDWJVAF&keywords=black+ink+fiction&qid=1654090896&sprefix=black+ink+fiction%2Caps%2C218&sr=8-1

The Musketeers Vs Cthulhu

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Musketeers-Cthulhu-Court-King-Louis-ebook/dp/B09YQKQQB7/ref=sr_1_18?crid=2VP38WZDWJVAF&keywords=black+ink+fiction&qid=1654091002&sprefix=black+ink+fiction%2Caps%2C218&sr=8-18

No comments:

Post a Comment