Wednesday 23 February 2022

Mr. Positive

Hello, dear readers!

And thank you for your patience.

Last week’s blog was… well, let’s face it, missing. A few lines detailing why that was the case managed to find their way to virtual paper, but that was it. Fini. The end. Done.

Today, I’d like to go into a bit more detail as to why that was.

Now, to set expectations, this may not be a full size entry into this ongoing anthology of random thoughts and petty events. It’s also highly likely that it may lack some va-va-voom. I’m fully expecting a verdict of ‘It’s good, but it’s not funny’ from my erstwhile Mrs, Tina, and the reason for this goes back to the reason for last week’s omission.

Covid-bleeding-19
Test-y
It was last Monday that Tina and I first thought to test. It was Valentine’s Day, and as we were due to go away for a romantic couple of nights on the morrow, and Tina had not been feeling particularly well for a few days, we thought it best to make sure we weren’t infectious. Unfortunately, we were.


I say we, but, in fact, it was Tina who tested positive on that first day, but it still meant postponing the trip, and battening down the hatches for a period of self-isolation and a week or so of feeling like death warmed up.

Aches And Pains
It took perhaps another 24 hours for me to start feeling crocked. A constant headache settled in, bringing with it a feeling as if someone had poured molten lead into my sinuses. A heavy, solid sensation that paracetamol never touched.

As the days went by, these symptoms intensified, and were joined by a shortness of breath, a runny nose, a raging fever, the famous cough, and a muting of the colours and scents of the world. I’d say my sense of taste was impaired too, but then I’ve never had all that much taste.


And that was it. That was the week that pretty much wasn’t. A week of forcing myself out of bed to deal with the fur-babies, and spend the rest of the day in an aching, confounded daze, watching telly, surfing YouTube, and eating junk.

Gut Feeling
As of now, I think it’s fair to say both Tina and I are feeling much better. The symptoms haven’t disappeared, but they have abated, letting colour and flavour back into the world. Tina has even had a negative test, although mine do still carry that little line, which means I either still have it, despite feeling more chipper, or I’ve fallen very unexpectedly pregnant (no gut jokes, please).


And that’s your lot. You are now up to date. I am, as I say, feeling a million times better than last time I jotted down a few words (and I can actually see all of them this time, which is a bonus) but, tests aside, I know I’m not a 100%. I’m still wheezy, still fatigued (Although my ever-faithful MS may well be playing a part there), but at least the headache has gone and the fever broken; at least food is more than nutrition again, and thinking at least theoretically possible. With luck, next week’s post might even make sense, although given my pre-covid history, that may well be a bridge too far.


Until next time

***

Hey, folks! If you would care to take a look at some of my more creative writing, then the links below will transport you to the magical worlds of two anthologies my short (and in one case, very short) stories have been included in. Feel free to check’em out!

Death Ship

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/9198684140/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TWEMTA3KWK7T89QEZPF6?fbclid=IwAR322Fx5nfgVUQAA62ZZ6CUsNnBm8pbSxPanzz6Qkjg3vAv4ESipq7iKKhs

https://www.waterstones.com/book/death-ship/david-green/s-o-green/9789198684148?fbclid=IwAR2gP4CXHSG7wTccO39wOqXFtI81k0259Ep8DUM48Ki6kTUdlKoF3yafojA

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/9198684140/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2XZ7JICGUQ1CX&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR2Wa6sGxb82_VCsC7l1CGXwHjsSwTheqba6jDX_G8EDsywZoGpC93nXr2w

Reaperman

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reaperman-Drabbles-3-Legends-Night-ebook/dp/B099NNPTQ1A

No comments:

Post a Comment