Thursday 9 July 2015

Half Time Chocolate Oranges



Hello dear readers

Today you join a very excited blogger for two very good reasons. 

Firstly, today is new coffee day! Let me elaborate. I am, you see, a confessed coffee addict. In fact I love the stuff to the point of obsession, a statement Mrs Seated Perspective would be more than happy to agree with. Not only am I an obsessive I’m also a bit of a snob when it comes to my daily cup or two of Joe.

 I usually buy freshly roasted beans from one of a number of online purveyors and grind them myself with my trusted hand grinder In order to ensure the freshest, tastiest cup I can. Sadly, said grinder is currently out of commission due to a missing handle, which means I’m slumming it with pre-ground coffee (Still freshly roasted mind.) This is a mite away from the perfection it could be but still a damn sight better than the stuff you get in certain high street coffee shops and let’s not even mention jars of freeze dried grounds. Yucky, nasty stuff!

Anyway I digress slightly. Reason one was, in fact, Toledo-Norte Santander a new bean for me but a Colombian so I knew roughly what to expect. If there was any doubt, the bag made this even clearer bragging of ‘70% Dark Chocolate’ in its tasting note. Having already had my first cup I can tell you that this is pretty much spot on, thick, rich dark chocolate (not the snappy dry stuff so much, more creamy, perhaps semi-melted; to my mind anyway.) but with an acidity I couldn’t quite place to begin with. Then it hit me. Orange zest! It’s like Bourneville made chocolate oranges. Definitely a good two weeks’ worth of coffee drinking on its way.

Okay, you say, so far, so what.

Well, to underwhelm you even further I will now share the second reason for my heady exuberance…  Fantasy Football is back! Yes after the dead weeks (wonderfully filled of course by the English Lionesses performances in the ladies World Cup.) the new season is only a matter of four short weeks away. The fantasy game however, is well in front, opening its doors this very day. A team has already been put together, coming in satisfyingly under budget, although this will be subject to much tinkering in the next 30 days as transfer rumours solidify and I try tto squeeze in the latest must-have.. 

This last bit of excitement has been tinged with a touch of sadness however. Although I'll enjoy the season's fantasy experience and although I've been invited to fill my usual spot in my former workplace’s leagues I won’t be there on that first Monday alongside my former colleagues to gloat/pretend I’m not bothered that someone else has done far better, along with the rest of the gang. I guess I’ll just have to find some kind of consolation in regaining my crown (sadly lost in the last gameweek last year.) and crushing my former workmates under my victorious wheels (figuratively, of course.) Yes I think that might just do it.

Still, exciting times, eh?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment