Wednesday 3 July 2024

Last Post

Hello, dear reader!

And how are we doing this fine if somewhat overcast day?

Me? Oh, I’m about as hunky as dory gets. A man filled with a new sense of optimism. A man enthused by possibility. A man ready to move on and see what the future holds

You see this blog post marks what I hope will be an ending. With a little luck, this will be the last blog post I write under a Conservative government.

Vote
Yes, it’s another political one. I know I wrote a bit the week after the election was called, and in some ways this will be a redux of that post, but, as tomorrow is the big day I think it bears repeating.

Vote. But, don’t Vote Tory

The campaign trail has been amusing, especially on the Conservative side. It’s been slightly reminiscent of one of those sketches where a car disintegrates with the driver still in it. From the announcement in the rain (to hide the tears, mayhap?), to leaving the D-Day commemorations early or getting fact checked on their big tax accusation, it’s been a disaster from day one.


But, if you are of a like mind to me, and have that deep-down, visceral dislike of the party in power (and my, how that hatred has grown in the last fourteen years), then don’t assume it’s a done deal.

Fight the weather. Fight the midweek malaise. Make sure you have the proper I.D. and the address of your local polling station, and vote. It’s the only way we can get rid of the corrupt, self serving, corporate welfare enabling, inept shower who call themselves Conservatives. The only way we can stop Nigel Farridge (I know, it’s intentional) gaining any kind of foothold in the political landscape. Vote, because you just know they will.

Don't Vote Tory
It’s the only way we can hope for any kind of change. You may say they’re all the same. You may say nothing will change. And you may be right. Sitting back and letting the crew scuppering the ship have yet another pop at it (possibly with another half-dozen captains ‘in charge’) is the one route to ensuring that, though. Things may not change as much or as quickly as we might hope, but the journey begins with a single step, and that step can be made tomorrow. Vote to have your say on the future of this country, and if you don’t, then don’t waste your breath complaining. You have your chance. If you don’t take it, you don’t get to have a say later.


And that’s it. That’s the message. I’m taking a lesson from government messaging and keeping it very, very simple this week. I’m sure my more discerning readers will have picked up on a subtle message weaving its way through today's offering, but for one final time I’ll sum it up

Vote. Don’t vote Tory.

I’ll see you on the other side.

#


Hey, there! If you enjoyed reading any of the above, why not take a look at some of my published work? Below you’ll find links to a number of short stories I’m lucky enough to have included in anthologies. I’d love to know what you think.


New Tales Of Old


Death Ship


Pestilence: Drabbles 1


Reaperman: Drabbles 3


The Musketeers Vs Cthulhu


Eldritch Investigations

No comments:

Post a Comment