Wednesday 13 December 2023

A waiting Game

Hello, dear reader!

I thought it was about time that I showed up on this blog again …. Often I am referred to by my other half ….. But sometimes it's nice to share my thoughts and perspectives on things occasionally.

Old News
It's almost 3 months since I heard the amazing news that I had been successful in my application to be a peer support worker within the NHS. I was warned that the NHS are notoriously slow in processing things - because - well - surprise surprise, they are notoriously understaffed and busy. Add in the fun and games of the festive season - and I am still waiting to commence!!


I have mentioned before that I am the world's worst when it comes to waiting, so this has been a frustrating time for me - which fortunately was alleviated last week with a simple phone call from my new boss saying I was still wanted despite the long wait (which has included a new passport and copious form filling and checks).

No Return
Mental health is a funny old thing - and my mental health in particular tends to dip when I am frustrated, because frustration leads to anxiety and lack of self worth. So having an exciting new job, and not being able to start it yet - has caused somewhat of a decline in my mental health.

The feelings of being not good enough have returned with a vengeance, but something felt different this time. This has absolutely nothing to do with magic, nothing to do with a newly awakened faith, but it has everything to do with me, and my ability to cope with, and process difficult situations.

The Tina of old would have self harmed, would have ceased to function, as a result of her frustration and anxiety - but the new sparkly version of Tina Rankin somehow manages to pull herself up (with the massive input of amazing support from family and my Menty b’s) and just manages to not allow myself to hit that low point. A place where I never want to get to again!!.

Christmas Cheer
I have been ‘clean’ from self harm for almost 5 months - and I am unbelievably proud of myself - a feeling I am not used to, and to be honest, haven't allowed myself to feel for a - well forever!


If any of you follow this blog, and our stories over the past few years - personally I want to say thank you for your support. I rarely get a chance to speak on our behalf (That's rubbish, Tina!—Mark)- but I know how much writing our thoughts and experiences down helps us both personally ….. So even the chance of helping someone - encouraging someone, by the experiences we share here on this blog, makes us feel really good (not warm and fuzzy tho) inside.

So, from Mrs seated perspective - a Merry Christmas to each and every one of you



Until next time…


#


Hey, there! If you enjoyed reading any of the above, why not take a look at some of my published work? Below you’ll find links to a number of short stories I’m lucky enough to have included in anthologies. I’d love to know what you think


New Tales Of Old


Death Ship


Pestilence: Drabbles 1


Reaperman: Drabbles 3


The Musketeers Vs Cthulhu


Eldritch Investigations

No comments:

Post a Comment